Wednesday 17 January 2018

Basic Strokes of Characters

#chinescharacters #hanzi #kanji #chinesecalligraphy

Whether you use a brush with ink a fet-ltip pen with a brush or square or narrow tip or whatever you use to write sinitic derived characters s in whatever form you need to know and practise basic strokes.

I suspect there are ten year olds who have better calligraphy than me even in kaishu however here's something tp use. Yes there are a lot of basic strokes graphics out there online.

In defence of this graphic I want to point out I used filters that create a shadow because I want to emphasize the "weight" of the stroke and that these characters can be used with colors other than black and with materials that are not ink on paper or pixels on a screen.





No comments:

Post a Comment