Thursday 18 August 2011

Welcome to TechnoZi!


 Are you interested in Han Zi also known as Hanji or Hanja, the set of characters used to write a variety of dialects and languages throughout East and South East Asia and elsewhere around the world?

Chinese, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Japanese, Hokkien, Korean.

Whether you do traditional calligraphy, are learning an Asian language, or do typography in Asian scripts on a computer, I hope you'll join me as I share some of my  researches and experiments.

I am not fully fluent in Chinese or Japanese but that's probably my studies get diverted into pleasurable  minor paths of exploration as I research the meanings of words trying to translate ancient poems.

I also like to use Unihan and SVG to generate characters and then modify them with the computer!

Some times I scan characters and change the BG and add plug-ins and  filters.

This blog will apppear roughly about once a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment